1.Tell us about yourself, your family, your occupation, hobbies/interests.
I'm 36 years old. Been married for 12 years and have 5 daughters (feel slightly out numbered) 😉 I've been working at Onyx Collection for last 15 years. I enjoy time with my family, hunting, fishing and pretty much anything outdoors.
2. When do you start CrossFitting? Why did you start? Why do you continue now?
I started CrossFit in April of 2016. I started because it sounded like an interesting new and challenging way to exercise. I liked the idea of it not being a routine with the workouts. I continue because I like to push myself physically and mentally and I feel like CrossFit does that for me.
3. Do you remember your first WOD? What were your thoughts after your first WOD?
I don't remember exactly what my first WOD was but I do remember thinking 'Why did I sign up for this?!?' and barely being able to finish.
4. What do you enjoy most about CrossFit?
The camaraderie and support you get from everyone in the class.
5. What is your proudest CrossFit moment?
A bar muscle up.
6. What is your favorite movement or lift? What is your least favorite?
My favorite movement is toes to bar and my least favorite is overhead squat.
7. Have you had one or two challenging CrossFit goals that you've achieved recently? What are your current goals and how close are you to reaching them?
One of the CrossFit goals I've achieved recently is being able to KIP while doing pull-ups. My new goal is being able to string more than a couple double unders together. I feel like I have a ways to go before I hit this one.
8. What makes CrossFit different from other fitness programs that you might have tried in the past?
The constant variety I'd say is biggest difference and it never gets monotonous.
9. What impact has CrossFit Benedictus had on your life, in and out of the gym?
In the gym I'd say it's brought out a competitive side I didn't know I had. Outside of the gym it has given me more energy at work and home.
10. Tell us about your nutrition and how it has changed, if any, since starting CrossFit?
My appetite is larger especially after a good workout but I still try to make healthy choices with my food. I guess I've always tried to eat well because I never liked the way junk food made me feel.
11. If you could write a WOD for the classes to do, what would it look like?
15 KBS 53lbs
15 Wall balls
Run 400 meters
12. What advice do you have for others about the importance of the dedication of taking care of yourself, of investing in yourself?
I think it's always seemed easy to brush off things for myself but now I realize I can take care of others better by taking care of my health and wellness. It's a mental thing too.
13. What advice would you give to someone new to CrossFit or who is thinking about giving it a try?
You'll feel intimidated and like you can't do it but I guarantee if you stick with it will get better and eventually you'll be hooked.